Troubleshooting the issue with iPhone while Sending or Receiving Messages: If you are facing issue while sending or receiving a message, if you are facing the issue like iMessage is not delivering or receiving, then you need to follow the below mentioned troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue. Don’t be frustrated if you are not able to fix the issue of your own or after fixing if you still got the same issue. Are you still facing the issue? If yes, then follow the below method and successfully troubleshoot the problem.
Here’s how to troubleshoot with issue iPhone not sending or receiving messages.
There is a possibility that this problem occurs due to a bug in the settings. Not only this, the inappropriate settings done in the device can cause the problem. In that situation, resetting the iMessage will help to resolve the problem of iMessage sending or receiving a failed issue.
- Open the Settings of your iPhone.
- Go to Message and tap to open it.
- Tap on Send & Receive section.
- Under the “You Can be Reached by iMessage at” section, make sure to uncheck all the email addresses.
- Now, go to the Apple ID at the top of the Settings menu.
- Tap to Sign Out the ID and move back to Messages.
- Now, turn off iMessage service and reboot your device.
- Let the phone reboot and wait for 10 minutes.
- Now again, turn on iMessage from the Message section in the Settings menu.
- Go to the Apple ID and sign in the Apple account in the Send & Receive option.
Reset Network Settings
If after resetting the iPhone messaging app you still facing the problem, then reset the whole network will be helpful to troubleshoot the problem. Here are the steps on how to reset the network settings.
- Launch Settings on your iPhone.
- Go to General and tap Reset.
- Now, select Reset Network Settings.
- Enter the passcode if you are prompted to.
- Once the network resetting is done, you will need to reset your iPhone hard.
- Press the Sleep or power button and home button with it. Now, wait until the screen of the phone goes black, and Apple logo appears.
If you have followed all the methods mentioned above? If yes, and the problem persists, then you should note that there is nothing wrong with your phone. Since the methods are efficient and workable to remove the problem, the recipient’s phone or network is not working properly and facing some issues in sending or receiving the messages.
Garry, he has been making people aware of security threats from so long, to make the internet a safer place to browse on. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, Antivirus, malware, social networking, internet, and new media. He writes for Norton security products at www.norton.com/setup.