Six weeks ago, Amazon rolls out the existing version of Echo Dot Kids Edition. New kids Echo version has new features and do come with the come with FreeTime. Alexa in this version tries to interact with the kids, for the age group of 5-12-year-olds. With a simple language and with the adding features of parental controls, it comes with many advantages. Let’s discuss the process of adding parental controls to Amazon Echo.
How to set up FreeTime
Before we start with we have to activate FreeTime on every device. This process will allow you to add parental controls to all Alexa devices.
Here’s how you can activate FreeTime:
- Firstly, just launch the Alexa application on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Android phone or tab.
- Now, press the menu (burger) icon located at the upper left-hand corner in order to open the complete list.
- Choose Alexa Devices from the list of options.
- Choose the device from the options.
- Now, browse to the General section.
- Tap on FreeTime.
- Turn the toggle switch next to FreeTime on.
- Now, choose Setup Amazon FreeTime.
- Enter the kid’s name, gender, and date of birth.
- Select any icon.
- Tap on Add Child.
- After that, press the Continue button.
- Key in the password for the Amazon account.
- Sign in to the account.
How to disable features of Alexa Echo
If the FreeTime is turned on, then users will be able to enable or disable several features of Alexa Echo. This will allow you to enable or disable every feature for their kids to use on the Echo device. By visiting the parents.amazon.com you can see all the devices which are attached or activated on with the FreeTime. Now, you need to modify the age filter, turning off the access to smart home devices will allow you to determine which music services you want to make accessible for your kids. Users can turn off several features like voice call, texting, Amazon music and many more.
If your kids using this during bedtime or when they need to do homework, then you set a filter to pause the FreeTime for those hours. This way, parents can monitor and control their kid’s screen time.
FAQs – norton.com/setup
- norton firewall blocking website
- norton blocking safe sites
- how do I stop Norton from blocking websites
- norton keeps blocking my websites
- how to unblock website Norton internet security
- norton security allow website
- how to stop Norton from blocking downloads
- add a website to Norton safe list
- You only need to visit norton.com/setup to fix all your issues.
Garry, he has been making people aware of security threats from so long, to make the internet a safer place to browse on. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, Antivirus, malware, social networking, internet, and new media. He writes for Norton security products at www.norton.com/setup.