This feature of Wipe Information is one of the services provided by the Norton Utility 16 (Norton nu16) which is commonly known for smashing or deleting the entire data when you do not need it. This feature of Norton Utility 16 (Norton nu16) is totally different where Norton helps you to protect, rescue, and enhance your data; this one is used to delete the data. It is recommended to use it, in the case when you do not need the files stored in your computer system.
Norton utility 16 cleans up the entire hard disk of the computer system which makes sure that there should not be any data left like important files, temporary files which links to important data and other unwanted programs running in the PC. It completely deletes the old data and makes disk like a new after formatting with the new label and partitions on it.
It always warns you all the time before you perform such action of deleting or Wipe the data from your computer. Once it is Wipeout there is no way to recover the same data again. So there is no need to call the Norton Support System for the recovery of such data, they wouldn’t able to do anything. This Wipe Info allows you to access with Wipe File, Wipe Disk, and Wipe Unused Space, the three-disk wiping operations.
In order to download Norton Utility 16 and its complete features, you need to visit norton.com/setup
Here, in this blog, I learned about the Wiping Info and how it wipes the file or folder and the entire disk.
Wiping a file or folder
You can erase any particular file or a folder which you wish to recover in the future but for this recovery, you need to create a ‘Wipe Info Trash can’ on the desktop so when you Wipe out the file or folder you can see them again on the Wipe Info Trashcan.
Below mentioned steps are used to wipe a file or folder-
- Open the Wipe Info main window.
- Select the ‘Wipe File’ in the Wipe Info window.
- Choose and select the file or folder to delete it completely.
- Click on the ‘Wipe’ option.
- You’ll be asked for the confirmation on the choice, you made.
- Select the ‘Wipe’ option to remove the selected the file or folder, completely.
Wiping an entire disk
The moment you opt the Wipe Info, it deletes everything present on the disk. Before doing this step it will warn you but once you select “Yes” on the action, all the data on the disk will get removed, permanently.
Follow the steps to wipe a disk-
- Open the Wipe Info main window.
- Select the ‘Wipe Disk’ in the Wipe Info window.
- Click on the ‘disk drive’ option –
- Give the name to the ‘Drive’ to revolve around all the available disks.
- Attach the removable disk to the selected cycle.
- Select ‘Wipe Disk’ option.
- You need to put a new name on the disk wipe.
Click on the ‘Wipe’ option to delete the selected disk, permanently.
FAQs – norton.com/setup:
- norton firewall blocking website
- norton blocking safe sites
- how do I stop Norton from blocking websites
- norton keeps blocking my websites
- how to unblock website Norton internet security
- norton security allow website
- how to stop Norton from blocking downloads
- add a website to Norton safe list
- How to install Norton repair tool
- How to troubleshoot Norton error 8504
- What are the Norton problems today
- Error while opening Norton internet security.
- What is the difference between windows 10 and Norton internet security
- Error: Norton will not open
- How to resolve Norton security installation problems
- Error: Norton disappeared windows 10
- Error: Norton icon missing from desktop
- How to install Norton security on Mac
- Unable to find the Norton antivirus on desktop
- Issues with the Norton login credentials
- What is Norton remove and reinstall tool
- How to remove Norton from Windows 10
- Issues with the Norton com link
You only need to visit norton.com/setup to fix all your issues.
Garry, he has been making people aware of security threats from so long, to make the internet a safer place to browse on. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, Antivirus, malware, social networking, internet, and new media. He writes for Norton security products at www.norton.com/setup.