Apple iOS 12 Parental Control: The new feature which people really appreciated in the iOS 12 is the Parental Control. There is one more controlling feature which people might not be aware of or they have not noticed it yet. The Screen Time feature which allows you to have a total control over the device usage more comfortability. The Screen Time is able to let you know which app is opened and how often we are using it.
Apple Corporation iOS 12 has introduced the new feature which is the Screen Time feature and it is quite appreciative. The feature works on all the apps by monitoring the time spent by the user on which device and on which app. if you want to know your children and the siblings spending too much time on the device and you wish to record them on the activities which they do on their devices. Screen Time enabling feature will definitely be going to help you. All you need to do is set up a daily time setting on which particular hours you want to enable the Screen Time limit on an app, and when you want to stop the Screen time enabling.
If you wish to enable this feature in your iOS device Screen Time and you find it hard. This article will provide you with enough guidance on how to enable the Screen Time feature in the new iOS 12 devices.
Here, how to enable screen time on iOS 12
Through iOS Device Settings
- Run the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Select Screen Time Option.
- Now tap Turn On Screen Time option.
- Now, the feature will provide two options-
- Set this feature as a parent.
- Continue as a general user.
- Tap on Continue from the bottom of the box popped up.
Screen Time Passcode
This feature is all about parental control if you wish to keep the close eye on this app and the device. Providing the Screen Time passcode protection will give you the full control and protection for any changes in it.
- Go to the Settings and select Screen Time.
- Now, select the Use Screen Time Passcode.
- Enter a Passcode and tap to Confirm.
- Re-enter the Passcode to ensure the correct password.
- Now, only you are able to change the Screen Time settings.
- Launch the Settings apps in iPhone.
- Scroll down Screen Time.
- Now, go to the Downtime.
- Enter the Screen Time Passcode that you just created.
- Now turn on the Downtime toggle button. It will Green in color. Tap Start and End button to enter the time limit for the app.
- A Time Limit Reachedscreen will appear when you tap on an app.
- Here, you will see two options-
- Remind Me in 15 minutes.
- Ignore Limit For Today.
- Select either of the two.
- If you select the first option, then you have to enter the Passcode.
- Now, you can allow the apps during Downtime.
- Go to the Screen Time menu and select Always Allowed.
- Now, enter the Passcode.
- Tap the +or – button next to the apps to allow or delete from the list.
Setting up the limits
- Tap App Limits in the Screen Time menu.
- Enter the passcode to access.
- Tap Add Limit
- Now, you can select the categories of the apps.
- Set up a time limit on the apps and customize with days by tapping Customize Days.
Screen Time Syncing
That’s it! You have successfully enabled the Screen Time to take control over the apps by using your iCloud account.
Garry, he has been making people aware of security threats from so long, to make the internet a safer place to browse on. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, Antivirus, malware, social networking, internet, and new media. He writes for Norton security products at www.norton.com/setup. or norton.com/setup