Follow these steps:
- Close all the programs which open in your computer.
- Restart your computer.
- If the issue persists, again restart your computer.
- Any existing installed i.e. (Norton Family setup installed), uninstall it. And then run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Download the tool Norton Remove and Reinstall into your computer.
- Save the file in your computer c: drive. In some browsers, the file is automatically saved to its default location i.e.Download folder.
- To open the Downloads window in your browser, go to my computer and select the download folder.
- Double-click the Norton Remove and Reinstall icon.
- Read the license agreement, click Agree.
- Click Remove & Reinstall.
- You may see the Remove button for the Norton Products.
- Click Continue or Remove.
- And then click on Restart Now.
After the computer restarts, follow the steps as they come.
Fix installation issues in Norton for Mac
To fix the installation setup issue, close all the open applications, and then restart the Mac.
After you restart the Mac, Still got the same error, uninstall Norton and reinstall it.
- Download the RemoveSymantecMacFiles.zip file.
- Click the Finder icon in the Dock to be in the Finder.
- On the menu bar, to go to the Downloads folder.
4. In the RemoveSymantecMacFiles folder, control-click the RemoveSymantecMacFiles.command file, and then click Open with Terminal default
When you see an unidentified developer dialog box, click to continue.
- In Mac when you see the Terminal window, type your administrator password, and then press return.
- Press return.RemoveSymantecMacFiles removes all of the Symantec files.
- When the RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool finishes removing the Symantec files, in the Terminal window, restart your Mac.