Disable Norton Antivirus
- Launch the web browser: While on the desktop, double-click the internet explorer icon. This obvious step would be the first on the road to disable the titular toolbar.
- Navigate to tools: All of the additional add-ons of the browser might be listed while clicking to tools. To do this, click on Tools-> select “Manage Add-ons” -> you would see the name “Norton.dll” (This dynamic link library is responsible for the mentioned utility installation into the browser.
- Go to “run”: After you have jotted down the name of the file responsible, Go to start -> Run
- Enter the code: In the “run” dialogue, you have to type in this particular code regsvr32 /u \”C:\Program Files\Symantec\filename.\”. Here, the filename is essentially the one you wrote down given in step 2. Depending upon your operating system, this filename could have a slight variation associated with it. In such cases, write up those.
- Enter to the program: Typing in entering after the previous would direct you to the toolbar. From there on go to the Norton System Security icon available on your system tray.
- Go to SettingsTo disable the titular utility in the browser you have to understand its purpose and put a stop on that. To that end, go to settings -> uncheck the checkbox next to the “phishing protection” tab.
- System Restart: To fully instill the recently made modification, you have to restart the system. After that, the utility would be disabled from the browser.
The procedure given is extremely comfortable to comprehend, but if you are still looking for more, contact Norton Customer Support.
FAQs – norton.com/setup:
- norton firewall blocking website
- norton blocking safe sites
- how do I stop Norton from blocking websites
- norton keeps blocking my websites
- how to unblock website Norton internet security
- norton security allow website
- how to stop Norton from blocking downloads
- add a website to Norton safe list
- How to install Norton repair tool
- How to troubleshoot Norton error 8504
- What are the Norton problems today
- Error while opening Norton internet security.
- What is the difference between windows 10 and Norton internet security
- Error: Norton will not open
- How to resolve Norton security installation problems
- Error: Norton disappeared windows 10
- Error: Norton icon missing from desktop
- How to install Norton security on Mac
- Unable to find the Norton antivirus on desktop
- Issues with the Norton login credentials
- What is Norton remove and reinstall tool
- How to remove Norton from Windows 10
- Issues with the Norton com link
You only need to visit norton.com/setup to fix all your issues.
Garry, he has been making people aware of security threats from so long, to make the internet a safer place to browse on. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, Antivirus, malware, social networking, internet, and new media. He writes for Norton security products at www.norton.com/setup.